RunNB announces the finalists for its annual awards.
October 27th, 2017
FREDERICTON (Run NB) – RunNB, the provincial organization that promotes road running in New Brunswick, is pleased to announce the finalists for its annual awards.
“RunNB is extremely proud of the accomplishments of the New Brunswick running community in 2017!” said Rob Jackson, RunNB Chairperson and Statistician. “From those who have achieved international recognition, to those who accomplished their own, personal goals, all of them are to be congratulated.”
All awards will be presented at the RunNB Hall of Fame and Awards banquet to be held on Saturday, November 18 at Chancellor’s Room of the Wu Conference Centre in Fredericton. Paul Lavoie, of Fredericton, and Scott Hare, of Pointe du Chene, will also be inducted into the RunNB Hall of Fame at the event.
Finalists for the 2017 RunNB annual awards:
* Event of the Year: Across Town for Crosswinds (Sussex), Herring Run (Mascarene) and Run for Renee (Quispamsis)
* Male Runner of the Year: Sylvain Arseneau (Petit Rocher), Jean-Marc Doiron (Moncton) and Greg Sawyer (Edmundston)
* Female Runner of the Year: Patty Blanchard (Dieppe), Shelley Doucet (Quispamsis) and Sacha Hourihan (Southfield)
* Up and Coming Male Runner of the Year: Zachary Boulanger (Saint John) , Scott Lee (Baxters Corner) and Tim McDonough (Saint John)
* Up and Coming Female Runner of the Year: Lily Coffin (Saint John) , Emily James (Rothesay), and Erin Vringer (Saint John)
* Inspirational Person of the Year: Dan Dineen (Quispmasis), Daniel Landry (Petit-Rocher) and Dean Strowbridge (Willow Grove)
* Personal Achievement Award: Carole Fournier (Edmundston) ,Paul Sands (Saint John), and Nathalie Theriault (Beresford)
* Walker of the Year: Denis Poirier (Tracadie), and Kim Spinney (Saint John)
* RunNB Outstanding Contributor: Kevin Barrett (Quispamsis), Alex Coffin (Saint John) and Daryl Steeves (Saint John)
Tickets are available at $30 each at https://raceroster.com/events/2017/14371/run-nb-gala-2017and must be purchased by November 13. The event starts off with a meet and greet at 5 p.m. with the banquet starting at 6 p.m. The Wu Conference Centre is situated 6 Duffie Drive, located on the University of New Brunswick campus.
MEDIA CONTACT: Rob Jackson, Chairperson and Statistician, RunNB, Brian Richard, Hall of Fame Coordinator, RunNB, (506) 622-7280; Bruce Macfarlane, RunNB, Secretary, (506) 476-1376