Inducted into the RunNB Hall of Fame: November 2011
Provincial/ National /International:
New Brunswick's first Road Race Chairman in 1979. (Held post until 1988.)
Served on Run Canada in mid 1980 - 1986
Set up first Run New Brunswick Road Race Series in 1980 and continued as key organizer for nine years.
Race Director, 1982 Canadian 20 km Road Race Championships (Still the only national road event ever hosted in N.B?)
Competition Manager for 2010 I.A.A.F. World Junior Track Championships
Organized countless local races including:
- Run Canada Run 200km Relay
- Y'sMen's Railroad Days 10 km Road Race
- Kingsport 10 km
- Frigid Fun Run
- Labatt 20 km Provincial Championships
- Moncton Marathon
- Chiropractic 10 km
- Shoppers Fathers Day Fun Run
- Terry Fox Run
- Dieppe Road Races
- Great Train Race
Founding Member of Southeast Striders - New Brunswick's largest and most active Road Club in 1980's.
Over 20 years of coaching at the Elementary, Middle and High School levels.
Coached individual runners / marathoners. (3 to qualify for Boston Marathon)
New Brunswick Correspondent for Canadian Runner magazine 1982, 1983.
- September, 1969 Started running - High School Cross Country and Track
- Summer, 1971 First Road Races
- Fall 1973, 1974 U.N.B. Cross Country team
- August 1974 First marathon, Shelburne, N.S. ( 3:11:10 )
- April, 1979 First (of 7) Boston Marathons
- April, 1987 Placed 188th overall at Boston
- September, 1985 Placed 36th (/ 10,000) at Montreal International Marathon
- August, 1987 10 km Personal Best of 32:29
- October, 1986 Marathon Personal Best of 2:32:13
- Leo is third fastest marathoner in New Brunswick history.
- Has run marathons in 13 cities or towns.
|10 km||32:29||Woodstock, 1987|
|20 km*||1:09:38||Riverview, 1986|
|1/2 Marathon||1:12:20||Charlottetown, 1986|
* Unofficial split time for first 20 km of 1986 Halifax Marathon was 69: 24
SUB 2:40 Marathons
Leo Sheehy Marathons Under 2:40 1980 - 1986
|May, 1985||New Glasgow||2:35:54|
|May, 1982||New Glasgow||2:38:56|
188th place overall