Scott Hare has excelled in the sport of running throughout his professional and personal running career. Scott’s running history is not limited to Run New Brunswick, but also includes Cross Country and Ironman Triathlons. Scott also sat on the Board or Directors for Run New Brunswick and served as a race Director for Run New Brunswick Super Series events. Between 1983 to 1992 Scott Hare dominated long distance running events within the Province of New Brunswick.
Scott also excelled at National and International events outside the province. Scott’s accomplishments during this timeframe include, but is not limited to:
• Multiple year winner of the New Brunswick Road Running Series – 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987,1998,1999, and 1990.
• Miramichi Athlete of the Year 1984. • Multiple 20km and 10km Provincial Champion (Provincial 20km and 10km records).
• Multiple Canadian University Athlete of the Month/week – 1984-1989.
• UNB Cross Country Most Valuable Runner – Multiple years.
• Top Canadian and 47th overall at Chicago Marathon (field of 10,000) and 87th at the New York City Marathon (field of 20,000).
• Multiple Cross Country and Track and Field Win’s.
• Provincial 10,000m Record – 1984.
• Multiple Road Race Records including the Miramichi 5km (15:00) and St. Francoise ½ Marathon (1:09:17–1988) that still exists today;
• Ranked and started with the top 100 at the Boston Marathon.
• Featured in the Olympic run book.
• Inducted into the Miramichi Sports Hall of Fame 2015.
• Served as President of Run New Brunswick multiple years.
• Sponsored by Nike North America Scott Hare retired from active competitive running in his mid 20’s due to a recurring hip injury. Many years later, Scott’s passion for sports inspired him to get into the Sport of Triathlons, specifically the Ironman. At the Age of 38, Scott went back to basics to learn how to swim and cycle. His drive and passion allowed the following accomplishments:
• 5 time Ironman Finisher.
• 1st person from New Brunswick to quality and finished at the World Ironman Triathlon Championships in Kona Hawaii.
• World Duathlon Championships Italy – 2001.
Scott Hare is still very active in the Ironman and 1⁄2 Ironman events throughout the world.
His constant drive and dedication to the sport not only makes him an exceptional athlete, but also serves as a role models for members of his community as a lesson that it is never too late to learn a new skill and be the best that you can be.