RunNB announces the finalists for its annual awards
October 25th, 2018
October 26, 2018
MONCTON (Run NB) – RunNB, the provincial organization that promotes road running in New Brunswick, is pleased to announce the finalists for its annual awards.
“We had another banner running year here in New Brunswick,” said Mary Brosnan, RunNB President. “Congratulations to all nominees and everyone who participated in an event this year.”
All awards will be presented at the RunNB Hall of Fame and Awards banquet to be held on Saturday, November 17 at the Tide and Boar situated at 700 Main St, Moncton.
Michelle Cormier, from Fredericton now living in Ottawa and Jacqueline Maillet, from Richibucto Village now living in Lisbon, Maine, will also be inducted into the RunNB Hall of Fame at the event.
Finalists for the 2018 RunNB annual awards:
* Event of the Year: Fredericton Marathon (Fredericton), George Gallant Memorial Road Race (Shediac) and Hampton 5 Miler (Hampton)
* Male Runner of the Year: Sylvain Arseneau (Petit Rocher), Raymond Caissie (Richibucto Village) Jean-Marc Doiron (Moncton)
* Female Runner of the Year: Patty Blanchard (Dieppe), Shelley Doucet (Quispamsis), and Sacha Hourihan (Southfield)
* Up and Coming Male Runner of the Year: Liam Funk (Saint John), Sebastien Lanteigne (Bathurst) and Julien Thibodeau (Bathurst)
* Up and Coming Female Runner of the Year: Mary-Beth Jaillet (Moncton), Robyn Mclean (Bathurst) and Caroline Wilson (Miramichi)
* Inspirational Person of the Year: Patty Blanchard (Dieppe), Allan Lagace (Pointe Verte) and Johanne Theriault (Nigadoo)
* Personal Achievement Award: Trevor Funk (Saint John), Gaston Godin (Dunlop) and Scott Lee (Baxters Corner)
* RunNB Outstanding Contributor: Daryl Steeves (Saint John) and Jeff Queen (Saint John)
Tickets are available at $35 each at www.runnb.ca/gala purchased by October 31. The event starts off with a meet and greet at 5:00 p.m. with the banquet starting at 5;45 p.m.
MEDIA CONTACT: Mary Brosnan, RunNB president (506) 639-2685 Brian Richard, Hall of Fame Coordinator, RunNB, (506) 622-7280; Bruce Macfarlane, RunNB, Secretary, (506) 476-1376