RunNB Provincial Championships
In 2006, Run NB introduced the Provincial Championships event program to encourage runners to participate in different events and crown a champion in each of the 5 distances: Marathon, half marathon, 10km, 5 miles, and 5 km. The male and female winners of each event will be declared the winners of the Provincial Championships.
Names of winners are placed on the Virtual Trophies.
2020 Schedule of Championship Races
|CANCELLED...Miramichi Rock N Run 2020||5km||Miramichi||June 21st, 2020|
|Hampton Five Miler||5 Miles||Hampton||September 13th, 2020|
|38th Annual Fall Classic||10km||Fredericton||September 27th, 2020|
|396e Demi-marathon de l'Acadie||Half Marathon||Tracadie-Sheila||October 4th, 2020|
|CANCELLED 42nd Annual Stewart McKelvey Fredericton Marathon||Marathon||Fredericton||May 10th, 2020|
New in 2020
- Residency does not matter – if runners have obtained their Run NB membership card, they are eligible to be crowned the champion (get your RunNB membership card here).
- Run NB will award gift cards to the Running Room and Sports Experts to the top 3 finishers in each of the men’s and women’s provincial championship races.
Criteria of a Championship race
The following are mandatory criteria to enable a RunNB event to receive the Championship designation. The next call for applications to become a Championship race for the 2021 season will go out in the Fall of 2020 (will be announced on our social media).
- The course must be certified by Athletics Canada. You can view a full list of certified courses here: http://www.acroad.ca/Directors/CourseMeasurement/CertifiedCourses/. For more information on how to certify your course, please consult the Race Director’s Guide available here: https://www.runnb.ca/documents/Race-Directors-Guide-for-Run-NB-for-2018.pdf. Athletics Canada Certification is valid for 10 years. Should a course be changed in any way from one year to the next, it must be re-measured, and a new certification issued.
- RunNB will provide medals for the top three male and females of Championship races with Championship medals. RunNB will coordinate with the Race Director to send them the medals before the race.
- Pay the race sanctioning fees to RunNB, as invoiced by RunNB following the event, based upon the following:
- SuperSeries distances: $3/participant
- Regular distances: $2/participant
- Monthly series: $1/participant
Kids’ races of 3km or less: no fees